Archive for June, 2012
Actual ultrasound of my twin grandchildren-on-the-way!
I believe the following will be unique blessings for a couple that has twins and that twins themselves may enjoy:
1. The delightful duo will be set up to learn to share and love, possibly even from before birth!
2. They will always have someone to play with.
3.They will never be alone.
4. They will have a built-in opportunity to start learning math at a very early age: 1+1=2.
5. Their bond will teach them the importance of family!
6. They may smile whenever they pass a “Twin’s Pizza” restaurant.
7. They will have someone to tell secrets to.
8. They will always have someone to talk to.
9. They can start school together, not feeling alone when they must face new experiences.
10. They can always have someone their own age who understands what they are going through.
11. They will be able to make use of the special sales: “Buy 1, get one free” or “Buy 1, get one 1/2 off”!
12. They may best understand the saying, “Birds of a feather flock together.”
13. They may better be able to understand God as a Trinity.
14. They will have the opportunity to learn what unity is from birth.
15. They will be snuggle-buddies in the crib!
16. They will know what it is to be needed and appreciated!
17. They will have someone to share their sorrows and joys with, someone who will listen.
18. They will be there to lift each other up when the other is down.
19. They can share the same toys.
20. They might even start a thriving business together!
21. Author and Illustrator; Co-authors?
21. They might actually enjoy sharing a room.
22. A possible lower chance of sibling rivalry?
23. They will be like two peas in a pod.
24. They will always have a buddy!
25. They might sing harmonious duets together… and sing in a choir or play in school band together!
26. They might not suffer from separation anxiety when Mommy or Daddy drops them off in the church nursery, or when starting school.
27. Tennis partners!
28. They will always be prayed for together!
29. Two tax deductions at once for Mom & Dad!
30. They may develop a special language between each other, as identical twins often do, even before they can actually talk.
31. They will have God’s plan built in for emotional wellness and a sense of belonging!
32. They will be a terrific twosome, precious pair, and a sweet set!!
So, parents, get ready, especially my son, Ethan, and daughter-in-law, Megan! You are in for one of the greatest experiences of your lives! Dedicate your little ones to the LORD even before they are born. You will not regret it!
Remember Hannah and Elkanah, the couple in 1 Samuel 1:1-20. Hannah was barren, but asked the Lord for a son. She dedicated him to the Lord’s service even before he was conceived. God answered, and Samuel was born, becoming a great prophet!
I pray that these twins you are bearing will grow to love the Lord and be used by Him in a mighty way… as you (and as “Grandma” & “Grandpa”) pray!
These are all quotes by Jo Helen to be an encouragement to you!
“God has forgiven my past and has already been to my future, so I can trust Him with my NOW!
“God wanted to love on your family even more, so He created grand-babies! Hug yours if you have one or many!”
“Give me Jesus, or give me death!”
“Just when you thought life couldn’t hold anything new for you, in rocks a grand-baby!”
“Grandchildren are the joy of old age, a reminder that life is still around us to be discovered through the eyes of a child-like heart of wonder!”
“WYWL is my new acrostic, meaning Whatever You Want Lord!”
This quote is adapted from the idea of Deborah Norville in the book, The Power of Respect, as it relates to the boss in a business. I changed it to speak of a mom and dad.:
“Mom and Dad are to be the CEOs of the family: Chief Encouragement Officers!”
“The new-fallen snow is a picture of a born-again believer in Christ; we are forgiven with hearts made whiter than snow!”
“For a long, solid, happy marriage in Christ, don’t trade treasure for trinkets.”
“The fervor of your walk with Christ will influence your children’s lives; if you are lukewarm, they often follow; if you are on fire with love for the Lord, your children will see your example and want the same thing!”
“I wonder if Tim Tebow’s favorite song is “In My Father’s House” by Audio Adrenaline. It says that my Father’s house has ‘a big, big yard where we can play football!’”
“A good reason to say ‘WWJD’ is: ‘the one who says he abides in Him (in Jesus) ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.’ – 1 John 2:6. So walk in His strength today!”
“Unforgiveness is a self-made prison with no visiting hours.”
“In heaven, we will praise the LORD with song; music here on Earth is a taste of heaven.”
“It matters not so much the exact day of the year that Jesus was born, as the day that you were (or were not) born-again in Him.”
“The best way to get out of depression and hurt feelings is to give thanks in everything (1 Thessalonians 5:18) and to fix my hope on Christ’s appearing (now and at His second coming) when He will make me just as He is. This hope will cause me to purify myself even as He is pure (1 John 3:3).”
“In heaven, I believe we will all be great musicians and singers, but it will be for God’s glory only, with no pride or competition on our part.”
Be sure to watch for more inspirational quotes daily here at Godspureloveforyou.com !
June 1: “Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.” – Al Bernstein
May 6: “You will always pass failure on the road to success!” – unknown
April 5: “We must mirror God’s love in the midst of a world full of hatred. We are the mirrors of God’s love, so we may show Jesus by our lives.” – Corrie ten Boom
April 4: “We must live in all kinds of days, both high days and low days, in simple dependence upon Christ as the branch on the vine. This is the supreme experience.” – Vance Havner
April 3: “God knows what each one of us is dealing with. He knows our pressures. He knows our conflicts. And He has made a provision for each and every one of them. That provision is Himself in the person of the Holy Spirit, indwelling us and empowering us to respond rightly.” – Kay Arthur
April 2:“Courage is fear that has said its prayers and decided to go forward anyway.” – Joyce Meyer
April 1: “His (God’s) light shines greater through cracked pots than through perfect ones!” – Joyce Meyer
March 31, 2012: “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham
March 30, 2012: “Being a bit of a telescope enthusiast, I’ve sat up late on many a chilly night and marveled at all those brilliant little marbles, faraway diamonds, and silvery smudges, my mind boggled by the beauty, unable to comprehend the size, wondering at the time it took for those images to travel to my retinas. Does it make me feel small? Well, not so much as it makes me feel safe. You see, I know their Maker, and when I consider what Mind and Power are holding it all together, I’m comforted to know Whose plan it is and that He has made me a chosen part of it.” – Frank Peretti
February 15, 2012: “He is worthy. I am needy. He is my all-sufficient, holy, and sovereign Father. I am His humble, weak, and dependent child. When these two realities meet, prayer transpires.” Daniel Henderson
October 31: “So you like to be scared? Read the Bible to see what happens if you don’t accept Jesus.” – from “Church Sign Sayings”
“But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [in that] hold fast.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:21, Amplified Bible
“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:2, NASB
October 30: “I write when I’m inspired, and I see to it that I’m inspired at nine o’clock every morning.” – Peter De Vries
October 29: “An humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. – A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves. – Henry Ward Beecher
October 28: “When we reach the end of our hoarded resources, our Father’s full giving is only begun. His love has no limit, His grace has no measure, His power no boundary known unto men; for out of His infinite riches in Jesus He giveth and giveth and giveth again.” – Annie Johnson Flint
October 27: “The richest people on earth are those who invest their lives in heaven.” – Our Daily Bread
October 26: “No one is more secure than the one who is held in God’s hand.” – Our Daily Bread
October 25: “When I left Springfield I asked the people to pray for me. I was not a Christian. When I buried my son, the severest trial of my life, I was not a Christian. But when I went to Gettysburg and saw the graves of thousands of our soldiers, I then and there consecrated myself to Christ. Yes, I do love Jesus.” — Abraham Lincoln
October 24 “Grace isn’t a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It’s a way to live.” Jackie Windspear
October 23: “For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
October 22: “Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.” – Mason Cooley
October 21: “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen”
October 20: “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
October 19: “A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on.” – Carl Sandburg
October 18: “Babies are such a nice way to start people.” – Don Herrold
October 17: “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.” – Barretto