Actual ultrasound of my twin grandchildren-on-the-way!
I believe the following will be unique blessings for a couple that has twins and that twins themselves may enjoy:
1. The delightful duo will be set up to learn to share and love, possibly even from before birth!
2. They will always have someone to play with.
3.They will never be alone.
4. They will have a built-in opportunity to start learning math at a very early age: 1+1=2.
5. Their bond will teach them the importance of family!
6. They may smile whenever they pass a “Twin’s Pizza” restaurant.
7. They will have someone to tell secrets to.
8. They will always have someone to talk to.
9. They can start school together, not feeling alone when they must face new experiences.
10. They can always have someone their own age who understands what they are going through.
11. They will be able to make use of the special sales: “Buy 1, get one free” or “Buy 1, get one 1/2 off”!
12. They may best understand the saying, “Birds of a feather flock together.”
13. They may better be able to understand God as a Trinity.
14. They will have the opportunity to learn what unity is from birth.
15. They will be snuggle-buddies in the crib!
16. They will know what it is to be needed and appreciated!
17. They will have someone to share their sorrows and joys with, someone who will listen.
18. They will be there to lift each other up when the other is down.
19. They can share the same toys.
20. They might even start a thriving business together!
21. Author and Illustrator; Co-authors?
21. They might actually enjoy sharing a room.
22. A possible lower chance of sibling rivalry?
23. They will be like two peas in a pod.
24. They will always have a buddy!
25. They might sing harmonious duets together… and sing in a choir or play in school band together!
26. They might not suffer from separation anxiety when Mommy or Daddy drops them off in the church nursery, or when starting school.
27. Tennis partners!
28. They will always be prayed for together!
29. Two tax deductions at once for Mom & Dad!
30. They may develop a special language between each other, as identical twins often do, even before they can actually talk.
31. They will have God’s plan built in for emotional wellness and a sense of belonging!
32. They will be a terrific twosome, precious pair, and a sweet set!!
So, parents, get ready, especially my son, Ethan, and daughter-in-law, Megan! You are in for one of the greatest experiences of your lives! Dedicate your little ones to the LORD even before they are born. You will not regret it!
Remember Hannah and Elkanah, the couple in 1 Samuel 1:1-20. Hannah was barren, but asked the Lord for a son. She dedicated him to the Lord’s service even before he was conceived. God answered, and Samuel was born, becoming a great prophet!
I pray that these twins you are bearing will grow to love the Lord and be used by Him in a mighty way… as you (and as “Grandma” & “Grandpa”) pray!
Leave a Reply